Thursday, March 5, 2015

GlossyBox January 2015



Glossybox is a monthly subscription that sends 5 deluxe or full sized beauty products each month wrapped in a pretty box with a ribbon. They tailor your items based on a 15 question beauty profile that you fill out when you sign up. Brands are described on their website as high end, niche, and trendy beauty products. They do have a page on their website where you can see the brands they partner with. It is $21/month, $60/3 months, $115/6 months, or $220/year. You can cancel the monthly subscription at any time before the 14th of the month. Longer term subscriptions can only be cancelled the 14th of the last month they are active, then they auto renew. 1st billing occurs when you sign up. Afterwards, billing occurs between the 1st and 10th of the month. They send an email with tracking information when the box ships. Shipping in the United States is free ($5 to Canada). They do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or APO/FPO addresses. 

Items cannot be purchased from Glossybox directly, but the card that comes with the box explaining each product lists where they can be purchased. They mention in their FAQs that if you accidentally get the same item twice (I've not had this happen in my two boxes), then you can email them and they will send something in its place. I did work with their customer service when my box was showing as having been "delivered" but was no where to be found. It took about 24 hours to get an email response and then I had to file a case with the post office and give Glossybox the case number and wait for them to respond again. It took a few days to sort out, but once it was sorted out they sent me a replacement box within a week. 

They have a referral program called "glossydots." For every 1000 glossydots you earn, you get a free box. You get 20 glossydots for every review you complete each month (five total=100 a month). You earn between 250-1,000 for a friend signing up with your recommendation, depending on the subscription option that they choose. (Monthly=250, 6 months=750, a year=1,000). Monthly subscribers can redeem their free box online but "applying" it before the billing date. Longer term subscribers must contact Glossybox and let them know which month they'd like to use their free box in. 


Item #1: Vichy Purete Thermale 3-in-1 One Step Cleanser 1 fl oz Value: $2.91
I've seen this brand advertised at Walgreens and received it in another box as well. I'm usually not a drugstore brand shopper. Will probably give this one away. Also the bottle was pretty small.

Item #2: Skin and Co Roma Sicilian Light Serum 0.27 FL oz value: $12.69
I've never heard of this brand or tried it. However, if it does what it says (brightens, tightens skin, with collagen-boosting ingredients) then I will probably like it. Small Size again though. 

Teeez Trendy Cosmetics Beautiful Flat Brush Stiff Full Size Value: $23.50
I really like getting makeup brushes because I can always use more. I like having them in various places like my regular makeup area, makeup bag, work, etc. This one says stiff in the title and its definitely that. I'm not used to that, but it works really well and it actually fits in my makeup bag, where some brushes are too long. 

Item #4: Lollipops Eye Pencil in Goodbye Moon full size Value: $17.70
I'm sure this a great eyeliner. I like the price. I like the size. I did not try it because I'm going to use it for a gift, since I'm starting to drown in black eyeliner. I would have loved it if this had been any color but black, which I never even wear.

Kueshi Revitalizing Face Toner Full Size Value: $13.30
I've never heard of this brand and I honestly didn't use it, but gave it to a friend who seems happy with it. 

My overall first impression of Glossybox was disappointing. I liked some of the items, but I wasn't blown away like I thought I would be paying double the price of Birchbox. However, I did get a replacement box not the one I was originally intended, so I am giving a benefit of a doubt here. Overall value: $70. So I guess it was a pretty good value over the initial price. Curious to see whats in my next two as I have a three month subscription. 3/5 rating.

To Subscribe Click HERE

Love and Boxes, 
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment